Custom RV Upfitter & Technician (Finish Carpentry & Skilled Craftsman) APPLY NOW
We are currently looking for a full-time upfitter to join our tight-knit, successful team. This position is responsible for the construction, installation, finishing, quality assurance, and function test of components and equipment installed in our vehicles.
Applicant must have experience working with hand tools, power tools (track saw, table saw, drill press, grinders, etc.), other shop equipment, and the ability to train on and implement new equipment.
Broad mechanical and electrical knowledge are a bonus but acute attention to detail, and a positive attitude are required. Paved To Pines Inc has a fun work atmosphere, unique company culture, and we are prepared to train and invest in our staff.
- Work Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 4pm.
- Detail-oriented – able to: make aesthetic design decisions, analyze faults, think through a process and foresee problems prior to execution, avoid careless behaviour.
- Self-starter – take initiative in progressive steps on each project, self-directed.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and tidy workspace; We take pride in our company image.
- Project a friendly, kind, and positive attitude regardless of how stressful some days may be. No one likes to work with unpleasant people and we take our company culture very seriously (although none of us are serious people).
- Must be able to follow directions, work as a team, or as an individual.
- Mechanical aptitude is a bonus.
- Must take pride in work completed.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Qualifications
- Current driver’s license and clean driving record
- Cut and install insulation
- Fabricate custom components from stock materials (custom cabinetry, scribing panels, etc)
- Assemble and install third-party components
- Upholster and install wall and door panels
- Perform detail cleaning of the exterior of vehicles including washing, windows, tires, wheels, etc.
- Perform detail cleaning of the interior of vehicles including kitchen unit, wall cabinets, stove, sink, garage, passenger areas, and all other interior compartments
- Meet schedule deadlines
- Test systems in the vehicle and verify proper operation
- Maintain a safe and clean work space
- Shop cleaning
- Additional shop duties as directed
- Knowledge of general construction practices
- Experience safely operating hand tools and power tools (drill press, grinders, table saw, circular saw, cutoff wheel, chop saw, pneumatic tools, sanders, jigsaw, spray adhesive, and other general shop tools)
- Read and understand production documentation: drawings, installation instructions, etc.
- Ask questions rather than make assumptions
- Prior planning and use of layout tools
- Install, diagnose, and repair mechanical components including appliances, roof vents, hatches and windows.
- Remove and install bumpers, roof racks, light bars, bike carriers, external storage options, ladders, awnings, crossbars, etc.
- Re-seal roof vents and hatches
- Install, diagnose, and repair diesel and gas heaters
- Cut through body panels to install windows, fans, solar systems, shore power plugs
- Assemble and install subcontracted components
- Willingness to learn how to use the CNC router tables
- Build, finish and install custom millwork & cabinetry
- Scribe custom wall panels
- Scribe custom gable ends
- Use of woodworking power tools
- Frame out school buses
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge and experience in mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
- Experience in power tool operation (drills, grinders, reciprocating saws, etc....)
- Basic knowledge in welding and steel fabrication a plus
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Willingness to learn and complete tasks correctly
We know and fully understand that this is a broad set of skills. To thrive on our team, the most important thing is a willingness to learn and continue to get better.
Benefits: Included (in effect post 3-month probation)
Job Type: Full time
Experience: General building 4+ years
Job Location: Prince Albert, SK
Please send resume and cover letter stating why you would be a good fit for the Paved To Pines family.
|||Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada|||||||||EoPteABta.uSTwQk|||FULL_TIME|||CAD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false