3M Thinsulate Acoustic/Thermal Insulation SM600L - Van Conversion InsulationRegular price $75.00
Van Conversion Insulation - 3M Thinsulate Sheets. Expands to final thickness
Comes in 5 and 10-foot quantities on the website for ease of ordering. Please select as many quantities as you need and it will come shipped in one continuous roll. SHIPPING COSTS MAY VARY AND ADDITIONAL SHIPPING COSTS MAY BE INCURRED.
Approximate amounts needed to insulate the walls, ceiling, doors and cab area:
- 136" WB Promaster: 40-45 linear feet
- 159" WB Promaster: 50-55 linear feet
- 159" Ext WB Promaster: 60-65 linear feet
- 144" WB Sprinter: 50-55 linear feet
- 170" WB Sprinter: 60-65 linear feet
- 170" Ext WB Sprinter: 70-75 linear feet
- 148" WB Transit: 50-55 linear feet
- 148" Ext WB Transit: 60-65 linear feet.
It's best to still do your own calculations, these are just guidelines.
Orders might come shipped in separate containers to keep shipping down. If you need a bulk order, please contact us at Contact@pavedtopines.com
1 linear foot = 5 square feet
3M Thinsulate is the best insulation you can use on a van conversion for a few reasons.
- Easy to install - You can cut it to size with scissors
- Easy to stuff into tight areas/columns and crevices
- Easy to remove if needed to add wiring or repair anything
- Doesn't off-gas
- Doesn't have the chance to warp your van conversions wall panels like spray foam can
- Thinsulate SM600L has more acoustic absorption per unit weight vs. competitive products.
- Hydrophobic fibers resist moisture, mold and mildew
- Non-woven fibers create a sound absorption making a quieter ride
- R-value of roughly 5.2
Thinsulate is FMVSS 302 certified (federal motor vehicle safety standard) and is engineered specifically for vehicles.
The material comes compressed from 3M but will expand out to 1 3/4 inches or 44mm.
Basic installation instructions
- Cut your Thinsulate insulation with your scissors to fit the location needed on your van conversion
- Apply 3M 90 spray adhesive to your van surface and on the white surface of the Thinsulate. Then wait 45 seconds for the spray glue to become tacky
- Press the Thinsulate against the glued van surface
If you need more in-depth instructions, I recommend heading over to our friends at Far out Ride to read detailed instructions!
Places to put the insulation
- Above the headliner in the drivers' cabin
- All cavities and pillars
- Sliding door
- Rear doors
- Driver and passenger doors
Sitting in our shop so the product may arrive slightly dirty but will be in 100% usable form as you won't see the product anyways behind your walls.
Weight: 8 LBs per 10 linear feet
Extra shipping may be charged depending on your location and the amount ordered.