Here's a Ford Transit conversion that's built for full-time living in Canada. To help control the cabin environment, we added spray foam insulation, a Truma propane hot water and heating system, two Dometic Fantastic Fans, and a wood burning stove for good measure.
This van conversion has enough off-grid capabilities to stay unplugged for as long as you need. With 380 watts of solar power, a 2000 watt sine wave inverter, an alternator smart charger, and shore power, your batteries will always be happy and healthy.
With plenty of cabinets and two bench seats, you'll find storage for all your goods. The owner of rosebud requested a custom drawer for her sewing machine so she could bring her hobbies on the road with her.
It even has a color matched burgundy powder coated roof-rack which sports a bush light and a color matched burgundy electric awning.
All in, this Ford Transit van turned into one awesome full-time off grid van conversion.
Powering the van conversion
- 380 watts of solar
- 300 AH battery bank
- DC/DC alternator charging
- 2000 watt pure sine inverter
- Truma hot water and heating system
- Grizzly cubic mini woodstove
home on the road
- Composting toilet
- Kitchen galley with propane cooktop
- Additional galley for counter top space and sewing room
- Double couch lounge area/queen bed
- Interior winterproof plumbing
- Exterior shower
- Dometic CFX chest fridge